- 25µ gold wire, 100m on 2“ spool
- Standard 25µ capillary
- Semiautomatic Ball-Wedge Wire Bonder HB16
- Thread wire to the capillary.
- Program bond parameters, ball size and loop profile.
- After the second bond clamp closes, the wire is cut and ball is made by EFO (electrical flame off).
- It is recommended to set the heater surface up to 120°C.
Advantages over wedge-wedge bonding:
- First bond connection is more stable.
- The bonding ball is softer.
- The wire moves vertically which is good for big height differences.
- Gold and copper wiring possible.